Sunday 25 December 2011

Phew, I made it

It's now officially Boxing Day - made it through Christmas Day, yay!
A quiet day, made more so as He's suffering from a flu-type bug, but we did manage to go out for a drive, which was a nice break.  I made us a festive dinner this evening, and just when I thought we'd made it to the end of the day without a row, it happened.  He stood up, and announced that He was going out, as He "couldn't stand the atmosphere".  What atmosphere?!  It turns out it was because I chose to sit on the armchair, instead of next to him on the sofa, where I'd been installed semi-permanently over the last couple of days.....
When He came back, I told him that his insecurities were ruining our relationship, and pushing me away.  And that next time I sat next to him on the sofa, He'd now wonder if I was doing it because He would sulk if I didn't.
I feel like I'm under a microscope.  Can't wait to go north on Wednesday.  Still no idea what I'm going to tell the kids.  I have promised Him that I'll keep an open mind.  Not sure how I'm going to do that.

By the way, Happy Christmas! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment